Monday, February 28, 2011

The Oscars

My husband and I have started a tradition of filling out those little Oscar ballots and placing a friendly wager between us to make the event more interesting.

As for which one of us has secured more winning categories by the end of the night, it usually comes down to something ambiguous like "sound mixing" or a category where we pick via the scientific innie, minnie, miny, mo methodology because neither of us have seen a nominated "animated short film."

Some things I love about the Oscars are seeing what everyone is wearing, what movie or category inevitably upsets the others, and the advertisements.

"The advertisements?" you ask.

Yes. To me, the ads for the Oscars are kind of like the Super Bowl ads. I love them. It's one of the few times I don't mind watching commercials because you get to see things like this:



What do you love about the Oscars? Note: Haters not welcome :-)

1 comment: