Monday, November 15, 2010

Monday Morning Moment of Zen?

I'm all for creativity; I mean I'm a writer and also a very visual person but sometimes in life (as in literature) some things just don't mix.

First, my confession: I'm a huge nerd. There. If you didn't know before, the truth is officially out of the bag. I love Dictionary.com's word of the day. Sometimes they help spruce up my vocabulary and other times it's just pure fun (nerd fun, that is) to hear the quirky words making their way into the dictionary.

But then I read about "zedonk." Yes, yes, it's fun to say but seriously what is it? Well, it's the offspring of a zebra and a donkey that's what. No, I'm not kidding. And if you need photographic evidence then here you go:



Now, I understand the want to create new things. I even understand the current obsession with mixed breed dogs like Labradoodles and Goldendoodles but, surely, there must be a line. We all take such care to try to name kids--and even characters--things that won't get them pummeled on the playground but zedonk? Not only does the name seem made up but it looks like the poor, little animal has on weird knee-high socks.

I know this isn't zen-like but in my quest for all things zen, I stumbled upon zedonk instead and couldn't help but add this to your verbal library.

No comments:

Post a Comment