OMG! This summer can't come soon enough. Sure I'm hoping for warmer weather and fun, little dresses but it's more than that.
It's Divergent by Veronica Roth, So Much Closer by Susane Colasanti, What Happened to Goodbye by Sarah Dessen, Between Here and Forever by Elizabeth Scott, Possession by Elana Johnson, Supernaturally by Kiersten White, and Original Sin by Lisa Desrochers. (Keep reading as there's a start to summer giveaway!)
And it's not just books I'm jonesing for. It's movies too! We have Bridesmaids which I featured here. Then there's The Hangover 2:
We, of course, have Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows, Part 2. Horray!
There's Tranformers 3: The Dark Side of the Moon, which I remember them filming here in downtown Washington, DC.
And now Crazy, Stupid, Love--a movie I hadn't even heard of it until yesterday but am now anxiously awaiting it's release. Added bonus is that I adore just about every actor/actress in the film. (Oh, and Ryan Gosling takes his shirt off *fangirl squee!*) Enjoy!
To celebrate the oncoming warm weather, I'm hosting a giveaway. As I can't really give away movie tickets, the contest will focus exclusively on the great summer reads I list above. Since the first release date is May 3, that will be the close date to enter.
How it works: The contest winner (there will only be one) will be able to select one book from those listed above. If it releases on May 3 then it will be ordered and shipped immediately; if it doesn't release until later in the summer it will be pre-ordered for you and shipped on the release date. Contest is international. Good luck!
1. Must be a follower
2. Extra entries if you Tweet (@SCookRay is hosting a "Start to Summer" #bookgiveaway), Facebook, blog post, blog ad, or otherwise. *Be sure to include the link to the contest*
3. Two extra entries if you refer a friend.
4. Extra entry if you leave a comment about what book(s) or movie(s) you're most looking forward to this summer and why.
5. Contest open now until May 3 at 11:59 EST. (Winner will be announced on May 4.)
6. To enter, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, subject "Start to Summer book giveaway"