Wednesday, November 14, 2012

WTF Wednesday

1.  Uma Thurman had a baby. Have you guys all heard this? Except the baby's name is Rosalind Arusha Arkadina Altalune Florence Thurman-Busson. Seriously. That's 7 names, 6 if you're gracious with the hyphen. And believe me, I already know all too well how confused people seem to get from something as small and un-intimidating as a hyphen. But this poor kid won't be able to remember let alone spell their full name until their age is in double digits. Come on. WTF?


2. This guy thought this tattoo would be a really good idea. Sure, someone paid him $15k which is a lot of cash but $15k and a permanent tattoo on my face doesn't really sound like an even trade. And, now, I'm sure he's regretting it even more. Dude, haven't you watched The Hangover, Part 2. Face tattoos are  a no-no.


3. Relationship news: RPaztz, as you all likely know by now, are back together. Yeah, that might be a WTF in and of itself. But, really, what I want to know is: didn't they learn anything from their time apart? Must they still dress like matching, unshowered hobos? Thank goodness they get cleaned up for their movies.

In other relationship news, a little more breaking, these guys have called it quits:

My WTF moment is actually less about them and more about me. The other morning my husband was reading the paper and got to the entertainment section and said, "Oh, Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez broke up" and somehow this came out of me, "NOOOO! What?! Seriously?" and then my alter -ego had to talk my fangirl back to a calm place. I never knew I was so vested in the tweeny bopper romance. They were cute and sweet and somehow normal despite the huge glare of the spotlight so, perhaps, that's what I liked most. There's not enough of that in Hollywood if you ask me. Nevertheless, I didn't see this coming--and neither did my fangirl self.

4. So I promised to give an update on how my NaNoEditingMo is going (since I'm editing this month rather than writing anew). Well, between work and commuting that's about 13 hours of my days lately and every time I get home I'm exhausted (like mono exhausted) and have a headache, so....it could be better. After a week I made it 1/15th of the way through my novel which, if I keep it up, means 60% done in a month. Not entirely shameful but not as ambitious as I would like. So I ask, who cares about daylight savings? If we're going to alter time, why not add more of it and, if we can't, then I need to do what what Michael Keating did in Multiplicity. I need a clone (or several).
No cloning technology available to the public yet? WTF?

So please share, what have been some of your struggling or head-scratching moments been lately?












No comments:

Post a Comment