Monday, August 8, 2011

SCBWI

I'm totally bummed I missed the Society of Children's Book Writers and Illustrators (SCBWI) 2011 Conference in Los Angeles. You can still follow the action at the conference blog or #LA11SCBWI official Twitter hash tag.

The Conference covers dos and don't of querying, revising, publishing, editing, author-agent relationships, and more. So while I don't have the low down on what happened at the conference, I will offer up some helpful links I've tracked down.

On writing a good query letter by YA author Elana Johnson.

On writing the evil synopsis, by literary agent Suzie Townsend discusses.

And lastly, on what not to do when you see an editor at a conference, compliments of Arthur Levine (of Arthur Levine books, an imprint of Scholastic):

2 comments:

  1. That video is hilarious! I've seen similar ones. People must really do this at writing conferences! As for the other links, thanks. I hadn't seen those before.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great video! I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award! Check it out at my blog!

    ReplyDelete