1. Doing a synopsis is the easiest and hardest thing I'll ever write. Synopses are tricky little biotches. I know what happens in my story (I wrote it!) but somehow a 500-word summary of a 75,000 word novel feels cheap, which brings me to my next lesson learned.
2. Publishing and pimping have a lot in common. I'm all over "town" pimping out my story to see if there are any takers. I'm willing to make modifications, negotiations, you name it. So...how do we become better pimps? Let's turn to the source itself, Hung:
3. Just because someone wants to take your picture doesn't mean it's a good idea. Last week Kate brought us the cautionary tale of Botox gone bad but now a fashion show for the paparazzi?! This is just "tacktastic."
4. Emma is awesome. I'm devouring Deception right now with female protagonist and ghostkeeper Emma Vaile and can't wait to do a review of it on my blog and, you guessed it, do another free giveaway!!! Be sure to check that out next week!
5. A puma isn't just a cat anymore. A puma is a woman in her late 20s or early 30s who dates younger men. It's when you're too young to be a cougar but still older than your prey. So if you're reading this and you're in your 20s or 30s and you think Liam Hemsworth, Taylor Lautner, Zac Efron, and any of the classmates from Glee are hot then the verdict is...you're a certified puma.
So what have you learned this week?