Let me preface by saying that I love working in city. I don’t even mind (most of the time) commuting on the metro so long as the AC isn’t broken and I have a good book in hand.
This morning, however, was a different story and so begins the true inspiration for this post and what my friend Courtney and I are now calling “horror stories from the field.” Sure it sounds like we’re investigative reporters (we’re not) or Stephen King wannabes (we aren’t) but it has a nice ring to it and, well, they’re our stories so we can call them whatever we want.
Beginning with today’s WTF moment…
• My metro train was delayed as five police officers in stealth ninja mode showed up out of nowhere to arrest the kid sitting behind me.
• Walked by a homeless man wearing a T-shirt reading, “Please tell your tits to stop staring at my eyes.”
• Woman yelling at her baby in increasing decibels to “Stop f*ing crying. Nobody likes a cry baby!”
• Guy walking down the street with his hand resting down his pants as if there's nothing out of the ordinary going on here.
• Subject of spam email I got today, “This is why you’re fat.”
• Homeless, pregnant woman held captive by abductor who wants to steal her baby. This isn’t even my story, it’s from the Washington Post, but seriously, WTF?
• And, though I love her, this Lady Gaga outfit:
So have you had any WTF moments lately?