1. In homage to my pop culture addiction I chose to list 25 things a la US Weekly .
2. I'm a communications manager by day and YA writer by night.
3. My favorite color is gray. (That's not a typo. Think gray sweaters and blankets not skies.)
4. Best song ever? "Stand by Me" by Ben E. King.
5. I have two dogs: Annie and Molly.
6. If you see me with a diet Mt. Dew in hand, move over. I'm on a mission.
7. I'm a dancing queen: 80s dance off, improvisational dance, booty shaker? It's all in my arsenal.
8. I'm allergic to dust mites so my husband dusts and vacuums our whole house. (Who knew allergies could be helpful?)
9. I always cheer for the underdog...
10. so I'm a lousy gambler.
11. I remember high school fondly but then I remind myself of the braces, the Chia Pet haircut I got when I was 14, and all the "angsty" poetry I wrote. And my car...
12. It had duct tape on the steering wheel, no air conditioning, and no power steering. Oh and the stick shift always got stuck!
13. I have two older brothers. (They drove the car first. Enough said.)
14. I've been playing soccer for 20 years.
15. 25 things is a lot to write!
16. I didn't know to blow dry my hair or, rather, blow dry without ridiculous amounts of frizz until I was in college.
17. I'm a tomboy at heart.
18. I keep saying I'll do more yoga...
19. but then I'm never relaxed enough to actually do it.
20. I own every Shel Silverstein book.
21. I wrote my first creative writing piece at age 7. It was a poem about Santa Claus.
22. My favorite city is London.
23. My eyes change colors from blue to green to gray depending on what I'm wearing.
24. I recently finished my first novel and am on the long and arduous journey of querying for publication.
25. Come along for the ride!