Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Get Excited: Veronica Mars is B-A-C-K!

Truth be told, I had never heard of Veronica Mars nor had I watched the TV show until I started reading Lisa and Laura Roecker's blog. They talked about a bada*s high school private investigator starring Kristen Bell. I knew of Bell from her humorous films like "Forgetting Sarah Marshall"so I was equally intrigued by the premise of the show and to see her mystery genre acting chops.

Enter Netflix and a handful of binge watching benders and I was all-in. Totally. Addicted.

What I love about Veronica's character is how relatable and real she feels, how the cases that she's trying to solve interconnect back to her school and to her life but even as they layer one on top of the other, Veronica is never quick to judge. She lets people--and life--surprise her.

And now, thanks to a Kickstarter campaign, where fans funded the filming, a Veronica Mars movie will soon be coming to a theater near you. Even more exciting is that the movie seems to carry the necessary dramatic punch for the big screen. Here's the trailer so you can judge for yourself:



So what do you think? Will you go see the movie? Are you excited to have Veronica Mars and all our old pals--and villains--back from the show? I know all this Kickstarter contributors are and that I sure  am!

1 comment:

  1. I love Kristen Bell and it's because of this show. She's just so fiery and persistent and the plot lines always had me wanting more. There's nothing quite like a good mystery. I cannot wait for the film to come out! #FTW

    ReplyDelete