Friday, October 21, 2011

Breaking Dawn

Is the Twilight Series the best written YA series around? I don't think so. Is it the best adaptation of novels to screen? Not in my opinion. Am I still terribly excited for the new film? You bet.

The forbidden love story that became a national--and international--phenomenon (read: bestsellers) has that special hook, or as the French say, "je-ne-sais-quoi." There is that special something about the characters and their connection that is pure literary crack. You can't put it down or, in the case of the movies, you can't help but drop $10 every time another new one comes out.

As a lead-in to the next installment, I thought I'd share some recent news I've stumbled upon.

1. Bruno Mars' song "It Will Rain" is announced as the first single on the forthcoming Breaking Dawn soundtrack.



2. New photo stills are starting to be released from the film.



3. The actors discuss the momentous occasion in the series: the wedding.

I can't embed the video and even the hyperlink function on blogger is hating on me right now but it's worth checking out. So here's the link to copy and paste if you're interested: http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/twilight-cast-talks-momentous-breaking-dawn-moment-014411502.html


So tell me, will you be checking this movie out? Why or why not?

3 comments:

  1. I agree. I'll definitely see Breaking Dawn. I'm really excited for the Hunger Games movies too. Movies are never as good as the books but I'm still always curious to see how they adapt what's on the page and make it come to life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally excited about the last two Twilight movies, but I'm like Cat, The Hunger Games already has me squealing!

    I found you on the Backspace conference website (I'm Kelli Locker from the YA2 group). Hi! Following your blog now. Only two weeks away! See you there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie, have you been to the conference before? This is my first time. I'm excited! See you there and thanks for following the blog! I too am looking forward to The Hunger Games movies. I love the trilogy, especially the first book.

    ReplyDelete